Seek Immediate Medical Attention
If you’re currently experiencing any of the following symptoms, you must seek immediate medical attention.
- Eye pain
- Swelling in or around your eye
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden onset of flashes or floaters
- Corneal abrasion (a scratch on your eye’s surface)
- A foreign object trapped between your eye and eyelid or embedded in your eye
- Significant ocular discharge
If you get any harmful chemicals either in or around your eye (chemical contact), you need to flush your eye immediately with clean, cool water and seek professional medical attention right away.